1. George was driving to Hastings from Auckland. Hastings is 417 kms away from Auckland and he had to do the trip three times for work. How many kms did he drive in total?
2. Janine had four jars of jelly beans each with with 321 jelly beans inside. How many jelly beans did she have in total?
3. The temperature on Mercury is 214 degrees celsius. However the sun is 3 x that temperature. How hot is the sun?
4. Jake had 350 to go shopping for his birthday. He shared his birthday money with himself and 6 of his friends, how much money did each of them get?
5. Mike had 220 mls of milk in his carton. He drank this amount of milk twice a week. How much milk does Mike drink in one week?440
What about two weeks?880
6. Jane bought two pairs of shoes every 3 months. How many pairs of shoes did she have after one year?4
7. How many pairs did she have after 5 years?20
8. When Miss Clark measured a table in the classroom it was 379cm. The smaller table however was only 125cm. What is the difference between the two tables?254
9. The class table was 600cm. The table was shared between 12 students. How many cm of the table did each student have to use?50
Pentagons continue only
Class 3 got 53 duffy books every term. How many duffy books did they get in one year?212
There are 365 days in a year. How many days are there in 7 years?2555
There are 60 seconds in a minute. How many seconds are there in three quarters of an hour (45 minutes) 2700
Driving to work everyday uses 15.5 liters of petrol everyday. How many liters do I use to get to and from work everyday?
How many litres do I use to get to and from work in one week?108.5
I was given $275 for my birthday and took friends out for dinner. Each meal cost $25, how many people could I take out for dinner?11